Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 3


section 2.4

http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=195 (this where I got the picture)

Ansel Adams is perhaps one of the best natural photographers in the 20th century. He was able to capture the simplicity of the scene, but add a certain beauty that only clean simple can bring. We have some of his Redwood photos in our bathroom and when I was little I thought my dad took them. It always bewildered me because whenever he took pictures of the family they turned out all blurry. I suppose now I know the truth, my dad really is a horrible photographer, but Adams is wonderful.

I picked this photo because it shows the endlessness of nature and that things will continue to grow even in the face of difficult conditions. The tree looks like it has grown over the rock, which shows the great ability the tree has to grow. I like how Adams photographed in black and white because it adds to the starkness, but beauty, of the picture.

I want to go the places he has captured on film, which is I suppose the best compliment for a photographer. Hopefully this summer I will be able to go the Redwoods again. They really are something if you haven't ever been.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive. Believe it or not, I'm also a fan of Adams' work. This photo IS really a work of art, as you said. Other touches I enjoy in it are the faded health of the tree itself, as well as the barely visible mountains far in the distance. These are both really little things that give rise to a great image.

    ReplyDelete