Monday, March 9, 2009

2.4 Cameron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ikYT13_JWg

This is the link to a video of the concert Mele and I will be going to. The reason I picked this performance was because this is one of my favorite songs right now, as well as it being one of the best performances of the show. A little history about this song! This was the song that I posted about before called, If U Seek Amy, which was banned from radios until it was edited to, If U See Amy. This was because if you say If U Seek Amy fast enough, and repeat it over and over again to yourself I am pretty sure you will get the picture of what it is suppose to say. Just a little bit of the song of how this all fits into the song, "love me, hate me, say what you want about me, but all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If U Seek Amy!" Though this song has caused a lot of controversy and many parents became livid when they heard this song playing on the radio, I think it is a clever way to go around this system of the FCC who prevent bad language from being played on the radio. Technically she is not saying it directly, it is just a clever hidden message.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I get it, and I get the changing the word to get it published, but try to see it from the POV of a parent. Is this something you want your daughter listening to in 20 years? I get freedom of speech, and I'll scream it, but some things just aren't OK to air on the radio.

    ReplyDelete