Monday, March 9, 2009

2.1 Cameron

With the sun shining, and the warmth finally taking its place (for a couple days) over the weekend it caused for bad road conditions. I went to work on Saturday, taking the back roads, and they were just fine but it was a completely a different story when I came home from work. Because it reached up to 50 degrees during the day, a lot of the snow started to melt and the roads started to thaw out and it created the biggest mess I've ever seen. The mud was horrible, my car was going crazy over the road because every two seconds I was getting sucked in from the mud. Well long behold that night some friends of mine and I drove down to West Leb then White River to go comic bowling. Well when we were on the highway once I hit 70 mph my car started violently shaking and we all thought my car was gonna lose control and crash, or just die. The next day I went to my dad to let him know something was really wrong with my car and explained to him what had happened. Well then he put my car on a ramp thingy and looked at it and saw a crap load of mud all stuff in my tire rods and in the tire, and he was telling me how all the mud being stuck there caused my steering to be all messed up, the reason for the violent shaking. I was very relieved to find out that there was no real damage meaning I was gonna have to dish out hundreds of dollars to fix something in my car because of the dumb back roads. Now I have learned never to take the back roads again during mud season because it is not good for your car at all.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the roads really sucked...I should have put two and two together and not have went that way but of course I did and went really fast and almost crashed. =[Dacia was driving down the road to and got really stuck and had to walk Devon all the way home(I felt really really bad) but one good thing did come out of it I realized that my car isn't too good in the mud haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, Cameron, you learned you need to make sure you rinse the carriage of your car off when you travel no muddy surfaces. The same is actually true of snow. It can pack on the tires and throw off the steering. If you can pull the car into a garage and let the snow melt, it will solve the problem

    ReplyDelete