Monday, March 9, 2009

2.3 Cameron

Well I have French 2 with a bunch of sophomores this semester, and bunch of those sophomores are in English 10 Honors with Mrs. Beaudin just like I was. Well right now I have noticed they are reading the book Fahrenheit 451, which I thought was the best book I had ever read in that class. The book is definitely an eye opener of the fact that how true it really applies to the real world today. The book being about how literature is dying out and that it was a law that a person could not read because it was considered bad. Instead people would pretty much be brain washed into listening to their "sea shells" which were referred to as headphones. Hmm sound like people today? Though reading is not illegal not as many people are reading and people are becoming more illiterate because not as much reading is being done today. People, I think, do tend to follow in the direction of listening to their iPod or MP3 player all the time, rather than picking up a book for a couple hours and reading. Though I have to say I am one of those people who like never read, I will still book up a book at least once a year on my own time and try and read it. If only everyone was able to do this.

2 comments:

  1. Cameron,
    I'm pleased to know that you actually care about reading. I don't say that with any sarcasm, either. I'm passing this along to your teacher so she can know that she had an impact on you in a positive way. Kurt Vonnegut is a great author; one of my favorite books is Cat's Cradle. If you liked his writing, I would recommend that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I will definitely take that into consideration..thanks!

    ReplyDelete