Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Section 2.4 John

During the past few months, I have been listening to many of the classic rock bands from the 60s and 70s. Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Aerosmith, and many others. I can truthfully say that when you go from listening to this music to the modern music nowadays you will find that most of the new music that you hear on the radio is very bad. I mean seriously, some of this new stuff shouldn't even be considered music, because from what I can see it uses none of the essential things that makes music good. I think that if modern artists would use the techniques that most of these older bands use they would be much more popular.

2 comments:

  1. I cant honestly agree with you. some of the music is actually really good. IT just depends on what you are listening to and who is singing it. You cant just say that all the new music stinks and cant work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, you have struck a classic nerve in music lovers. There is a piece of me who agrees whole-heartedly with you, but if you listen deeply to some of the new music, you can hear threads. And many of the newer bands will credit the classics as their influence.

    ReplyDelete