Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 3

section 2.1

It seems that the school year has moved extremely slowly, but at the same time has flown by. I can't help but count down the days until I am out of here. The only thing I am move excited about then graduation is knowing where I will going afterwards. In the next two weeks I will hear from the rest of my colleges (Dartmouth, U of Chicago, Northwestern, and Champlain), which means the suspense of the past year will finally be over.

It seems that junior year is the start of all the college action, with people starting to take their SATS (Stupid Arduous Time Suckers). Then it starts to pick up during the fall when applications start being submitted. Christmas break comes and people rush to finish the apps before the January deadline. Then, when everything you think is fine and dandy you get nailed with financial aid deadlines. More paper and more forms. You think you can take a break after that's finished, but no...it's time for scholarship applications.

The only year is a complicated mess of paperwork, tax returns, deadlines, and recommendations. I will be able to finally rest easy after May (hopefully). I feel like I've aged about forty years in this one year. Do I have grey hair yet??

1 comment:

  1. lol... you're being dramatic. However, I don't negate the intensity of the moment in which you are living. It is a stressful time, but it passes, and you move on. The next few years, and indeed you adult life, will be filled with stresses that seem insurmountable until they have passed and you look back and realize how small they really were in the grand scheme. And no, beautiful - you're hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete