Thursday, March 5, 2009

4.3 John

I recently listened to a podcast called The Skateboard Addict podcast. The podcast featured a host named Shirtless Jake, and he gave useful information to his other fellow skateboarders about skateboarding with slight injuries and skateboarding in the rain. He told about how skating with injuries can limit the duration of your skating session and may even injure you even more. He also talked about how skating in the rain can be bad for your skateboard and your ability to pull of some hard tricks. Skating in the rain can warp your skateboard, and rust out the hardware that is necessary to move around. He suggested that instead of going out in the rain and risking all of those things, you might just want to stay at home and watch some skateboarding videos to fill the gap. I liked this podcast a lot and I would love to listen to more episodes given the time.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a pretty cool podcast. I have never been on a skateboard before, but I admire people who have the talent and guts to do those tricks. I know I would fall right off and probably break both my legs. I would imagine that skating in the rain isn't the best idea because of those reasons listed, but also because rails and ramps would be slippery. Lots of people don't like skateboarding because of the people who are stereotyped with it. I disagree and would like to learn sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    1) There is no section 4.3. Responding to a podcast is 4.4
    2) you need to respond on the actual forum where the podcast is hosted
    3) Isn't it amazing what podcasts are out there?! That's so cool you were able to listen to a podcast about what to do/don't about a hobby of yours. Did you actually know you shouldn't skate in the rain? (I know that sounds quite silly, but I wouldn't have made the connection that it could warp your board)

    ReplyDelete