Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2.2 John

I recently read an article about how many people are shaving their heads to help raise funds for childhood cancer. This organization, called the St. Baldricks Foundation, has raised an upwards of 51 million dollars worldwide for cancer research. They hold shave-a-thons, which is similar to a walk-a-thon, where many people line up to have their heads shaved and they collect pledges. I think that this is a great cause, and the money is not just going to one type of cancer research like most of these things do, it is going to all types of cancer research, which makes it much better. I would definitely shave my head in order to help children in need, no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is something i would shave my head for because we need to research other types of treatment, and what causes it. If that happened around here I deffinatley would shave my head for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea, but wonder if I'd actually shave my head or just make a big donation! Also, what is the source of this information? Where is the link so people could get more information if they wanted to know more? What group is sponsoring this?

    ReplyDelete