Monday, May 4, 2009

SATs...

I did not take the SATs on Saturday. I probably should have, because "Saturday" begins with "SAT," and my convoluted brain classifies that as good luck. However, I was late in my sign up, and thenceforth disqualified.

I'm taking them in June, or July, or something. However, I'm FREAKED out because of them.

I didn't do much studying for the PSATs, and I did vaguely above average on those, which is by no means acceptable. However, given that I did above-average, I suppose that studying should allow me to boast exceptional grades on the actual SAT.

Ergo, I began studying, with the assistance of a book my Mom got for me, known as Boot Camp for your Brain. It provided me with modules with which to study mathematics, my total weak point on the PSATs. So every other day for 20 minutes, I study the mathematics module in the book, and try to embed it in my brain.

So it's been about two weeks, and I've come to the end of the mathematics module. At the end, it had some worksheet-type questions that you can expect to be found on the SAT. I did NOT get very many of them correct.

This is what's getting me. After the work I did, I couldn't seem to manage the questions. Maybe I'm being illogical, though. The principle of this book is teaching by repetition, and I've only read the desired segment once, so perhaps that's why the desired results aren't present.

I don't know. At any rate, it's enough to cause me to worry!

~Peter

1 comment:

  1. Don't freak out about these stupid tests. Most schools don't pay attention to what you get, except if you apply to snotty Ivy Leagues like I did. I didn't study at all and I did alright. No matter how hard you study for these tests it doesn't help because they are completely illogical. Sometimes you can put all your effort into something and it just doesn't work out. Don't stress about the SATS or the ACTS or the subject tests. They are most definitely not worth it in the long run. Oops, times up and I have to put my pencil down!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete