Monday, May 4, 2009

TREACHERY.


2.3

"Frodo wouldn't've got far without old Sam."

I'm sure that most or all of us saw the Lord of the Rings movies. It's debatable whether we all liked them.

But if you DID watch The Return of the King, then I bet most of you were teary-eyed when, about half-way through, Frodo Baggins LEAVES his faithful servant, Samwise Gamgee, to the birds, in the middle of Mordor.

I think I cried when I saw that the first time.

Anyway, a few interesting bits of information. First of all, the part where Sam and Frodo crossed Shelob's Lair wasn't in Return of the King, it was actually in The Two Towers, also an excellent book.

Oh yeah; and the abandoning part NEVER HAPPENED.

Certainly, Gollum led them all straight into the face of a giant frickin' spider, but Frodo never left Sam on the Stair of Cirith Ungul! I was outraged! That's, like, the saddest I've ever been in a movie...just about ever.

I...I think it'll be a while before I can trust again...

~Peter

1 comment:

  1. Dakota 2.1
    I remeber when I was in kindegarten my teacher was Mrs.Smith and that is where i had fun

    ReplyDelete