Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cameron 2.1 (5.6.09)

This past Sunday was the best day I have had in a very long time. It was the day Mele, Alice, and I went to a Britney Spears concert all the way in Uncasville, CT. It was certainly a worry that we weren't even going to make this concert that we had purchased the tickets for because we had no ride. But then a good friend of ours offered to bring us like two days before the show and then we ended up actually going. I was very fortunate for this friend bringing us, even though it cost us an extra $150 on top of the $250 a ticket.
No matter what the cost was it was definitely worth it because we bought general admission tickets meaning we were on the floor near the stage but could have been front row, in the middle, or the way back. But once they opened those doors and started collecting tickets, I have never ran so fast in my life as I bolted for the floor and ended up getting us front row seats!!! And let me tell you having front row seats is the best experience ever, especially when the star of the show actually looks at you and notices you in the crowd. This happened when the opening act, the Pussycat Dolls, lead singer Nicole Scherzinger saw me waving my glow stick in the air, waving to her, and then she pointed right at me and said, "I love you too!" I could not believe that had happened to me.
After the Pussycat Dolls got off the stage the Big Apple Circus came on and performed for a little bit, hence the name of the tour being The Circus Starring: Britney Spears because her new album is titled 'Circus'. After 15 minutes of fascinating circus stunts the show finally started as we saw Britney, the star of the show, descend from the ceiling opening the show with her hit single, "Circus." The show went through pretty fast and it was sad when she came back on for the encore, "Womanizer" as we all knew this was the last performance she was going to do in the United States for a while. The whole stadium roared with cheers and screams for Britney, as everyone was definitely showing her the love which is great for her. She ended the show in a wall of fireworks surrounding her and her dancers, then quickly exiting off saying, "goodnight Connecticut, I love you!" Then she was gone. She was probably so fast to get off the stage so there wouldn't be another incident of a fan jumping on stage during her performance and scaring her half to death, the night before at the same arena, The Mohegan Sun.
This was certainly one of the best, well just maybe the best night of my life. It feels great to see Britney come back on stage and doing what she use to do, and not going back to bad habits from a year ago. I am just hoping she stays on this road and continues to put out new music, and maybe go on another tour in the United States because I can tell you I will be at that concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment