Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kyle 4.2

Urinating Dog Triggered Argument Resulting in 3 Officers' Deaths
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/05/pittsburgh.officers.shot.dog/index.html?eref=rss_us

In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania three police officers were shot after responding to a domestic argument, triggered by a urinating dog. The officers were the first department deaths since 1995. The man who fired the shots will be charged with three counts of homicide, aggravated assault, and other charges. The man was hospitalized after being shot in the leg during the four hour stand off.

3 comments:

  1. I think that people that kill a police officer should get the death penalty automatically. My uncle is a police officer in Arizona and he was shot 4 times, in both thighs the arm and one grazed his head in July of 2007. Hearing that news was totally mind blowing,that it had happened to someone so close to me. When I was in Arizona a few months ago we went to the capital building and all the memorials, when I saw the memorial for officers shot in the line of duty and thought about how my uncle was almost on there it was a horrible feeling. I can't even imagine what these officer's families are going though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sort of in the same boat as Alex - if you shoot a police officer in cold blood, then you deserve the maximum penalty. I understand there are families on both sides who suffer, but civil servants are there to protect communities, and they take the ultimate risk each time they come on duty. I can't believe this was over a dog!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it sounds to me like this guy was mentally unsound, in which case, it's not a total reason to jump all over him. I certainly do agree, though--shooting a police officer is one of the more unforgivable crimes, because when you think about it, you're hindering or stopping them completely from preventing future crimes, saving other lives.

    ReplyDelete